Wednesday, September 17, 2008

God is in control

I can't tell you how many times this past week I have had to repeat the phrase, God is in control. I feel like the only things I have had to blog about lately have been negative. Unfortunately, this week has been nothing short of being full of negative news and I decided today that instead of writing yet another blog about everything that has gone wrong this week, I would turn it around and tell you 20 things I am thankful for. (I had to limit to 20 because I could go on all day!) Chad and I are very blessed to have each other as well as good people surrounding us. God is in control.
I am thankful for (in no particular order, just as they came to mind):

1. Marrying the best man that God put on this earth for me-Chad.
2. Wonderful family that love us and want to spend time with us.
3. Amazing friends that know us and love us anyway!
4. That my husband and I have jobs.
5. That my husband and I can pay the bills (mostly!) Haha
6. That we have a roof over our heads.
7. That we have clothes on our backs.
8. That we can afford to feed ourselves every day.
9. A mom that not only wouldn't let breast cancer tear her down, but won't let MS do it either.
10. That we live in America where we can believe freely.
11. That my husband and I could be on crutches the same time and know what each other is going through!
12. Our Angel and Biscuit that make us smile every day.
13. That I am educated and anything I don't know about I can just look up on the Internet!
14. Common Sense
15. Love
16. Forgiveness
17. Humor (because who couldn't use a laugh every now and then?!?!)
18. That I live in Texas and can see most of my family any time I want because my wonderful husband knows how important it is to me and lets me go every time.
19. The small things in life.
20. That God truly is in control.

4 comments:

Alison said...

What? No peas and carrots?? Sure that merits its own number? Just kidding. :) I think this is a great post. It's very easy to get bogged down in the negative and forget all the blessings we all have.

Sherry Turner said...

Peas and carrots is going to be its own blog all together. It is better than a number!! I am so thankful for you, girl, you have no idea. :)

Lisa said...

good post Sherry. I should do things like this more often.

Anonymous said...

Do you blog anymore?