Thursday, January 22, 2009

Road Trip!!!



So I am going home to East Texas this weekend! I am pretty pumped. I have nothing planned really. My mom is working on Saturday so I am going to go home early Friday to hang with her. I will probably take her lunch on Saturday and that is pretty much the extent of my plans. If I can catch up with old friends, I will, but I am mostly going because I need some time away.

It is so relaxing in East Texas. The air is clean, it is quiet, you can see stars forever, and for the most part, everybody is your friend. For a long time I didn't even get cell phone service there, so it really was time away. I am such a country girl and moving up here to the big city was really hard for me. I haven't lived in East Texas since 2000 and I still don't think that I have adjusted to living in the city. And before you all start clowning on me, I know-Anna isn't exactly city. However, everything around Anna is city and that's enough. Considering I don't spend enough time in Anna to know how small it is, I don't really feel like I am in the country. I am used to coming from a place where you had to drive 30 minutes for a grocery store, a movie theater, take out, shopping, the list goes on. There were car dealerships and the local Dairy Queen. That was it. And yes, I worked at the Dairy Queen. I have to be honest, I wouldn't trade those years now for a million dollars.

Anyway, I will be out of touch with reality for a couple of days starting Friday and I can hardly wait! I will be missing all of my friends, but don't worry...I will still have a smile on my face (and probably a drink in my hand!) You can rest knowing...I will return to the city quickly enough...

5 comments:

JB said...

Ok, living in Anna is small town. Until early last year we had to drive 30 minutes to do anything except eat at Sonic. AND WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO MISS THE SHOWER FOR MY BABY???? YOU BETTER BE BACK ON SUNDAY!! ok, no hard feelings.

Lisa said...

YEAH for Sherry!! Have a good time and relax. FYI James - Sherry told me she was not going to be there a while ago. No worries Sherry. I still love ya!

P.S. Anna is the smallest town I have ever lived in. It makes me feel country to say I live here. Hehehehe!!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

We are sending lots-o hugs and kisses from far up north. Have a great, relaxed time and enjoy your time away. I hope your 'no-plans' stay that way!

Hey, love the new look!

The Potts Family said...

I love the country and the small town feel. I would like to move to a small town one day, but since our company is based in Dallas, I don't see that ever happening. I grew up in a small town and I would love the same for my kids.

Hope you have a great, relaxing time. Will you miss the Chili cookoff on Sunday?? I will eat your portion. :)

I like your new blog setup. You have to tell me how to do that. Mine is just plain boring.

Have fun! And I welcome any of those yummy tomatoes you brought back last time!

Alison said...

I can't believe you're leaving me!!!! For 2 whole days!!!! Ok, I'll start acting like a 30-year old adult again and say have fun. See you when you get back!