Thursday, April 10, 2008

Let me just take a moment...

Ok, so I could have posted about 10 blogs by now just today on some things that I just have to get out there. So, this may be a bit lengthy, but I will make it as short as possible.

First of all, what's up with towns not having tornado sirens? ARE WE NOT IN THE 2000'S PEOPLE??? I get that Anna is not exactly a booming metropolis, however, it is almost 5 1/2 times the size of the podunk town that I grew up in that is in East Texas...5 1/2 times the size! We had a tornado siren in FRANKSTON, TX!!! That's right...no one even knows where that is, but they seem to be able to put tornado sirens in that town! But no...Anna, TX seems to think that a phone call in the middle of the night is technology enough to warn people that there might be a tornado blowing through your living room any minute. I didn't even realize that the phone call was our "siren." Silly me, for the past 4 years I have assumed that we actually had real sirens to tell us that a tornado was about to rip our lives apart! What was I thinking?!?!

Second, what is it with people making such a big deal out of the fact that I make my own pimiento cheese? Ok, so I enjoy making my own stuff. Are we seriously in such a time that it is so unbelievable that people still make their own food instead of buying everything processed and stuffed full of preservatives and all of that junk? Chad and I are really working on being better about our spending and one of the ways of doing that is for me to take my lunch to work. We save tons of money that way. I know a lot of people don't join me in this, but I like pimiento cheese. So, I make my own pimiento cheese. I just like the "real", fresh stuff better. And I have to say that I make a mean pimiento cheese!! For the past 3 days everyone at my work has not only been flabbergasted that I make my own pimiento cheese, but they then proceed to make fun of me asking if I actually go out and milk the cow and make my own cheese. What's up with that? Get out of the drive thru people!!!!!

And last, but certainly not least...what is up with Biscuit and her 10 million times of peeing a night? Chad and I through mumbled conversation this morning both determined that we are DONE with the dog waking up every couple of hours to pee. I just need to know one thing...how does she stay at home ALL day for a good 8-10 hours while we are at work in the house and not have to pee, but once we go to bed, her clock starts the count down for T minus 2 hours? It is not like we get a ton of sleep a night, and you throw a dog into the mix that apparently doesn't get that lights out means SLEEP and it makes for one irritable person in the morning. She starts at about 11:30, then gets up again around 1:00 to 1:30 and then again at 4:00 to 4:30 and from then on, she is up and runs around the house with every toy she can possibly find that has a bell, squeaker, or rattle to it. Does anyone need a really cute Basset Hound? Ok, I won't go that far, but does anyone know if this is just a phase that hopefully she grows out of, or is this permanent? Are we doomed to every 2 hours of peeing forever?

Thanks for letting me rant and rave about nothing and thanks to everyone that actually read this far! I feel better now. Feel free to comment on anything you feel necessary above.

5 comments:

Alison said...

I love homemade pimiento and chese too! I've NEVER liked that store-bought crap. My mom always made it at home, and now I do too. (That's basically the only thing I ate at my parents house 2 weekends ago). People are so sucked in by the fake stuff, they don't know what good food they're missing!

As for the sirens - that's what you get when you live outside of civilization! :)

Lisa said...

Our little town is so behind the times. You would think that after that huge tornado 2 years ago they would have gotten some sirens - but NOOO!

I don't like pimento cheese, but good for you for making your own. I agree with your statement - get out of the drive-thru.

As for Biscuit - Just don't get up. Let her whine. It will keep you up the first few times, but she will eventually understand that you are not going to get up. She will stop whining. She doesn't have to go to the bathroom. She is just looking for an excuse to get you up so she can try and get you to play with her.

JB said...

Pimiento, really???

Anonymous said...

James. I too don't like pimiento cheese, but what I do love is that Sherry is all about homemade. I love that about her, not for the money, but because everything she makes tastes so good!

Unknown said...

I love me some pimiento cheese...if i was involved in a pimiento cheese avalanche I would totally be able to survive and eat my way to rescue.